Monday, 26 May 2008

Continuing on with the "Boot" theme here! I used the Diecut with a View glitter paper for the patterned part of this card. The beads and glitter were adhered using that very, very, very tacky tape. It was a little tricky to lay it exactly where I wanted it, but worth the effort in the end. It is simple, this one, but looks really lovely IRL. I was going to add more stuff to it, but left it overnight & I now feel it is just right.

Another boot...well fancy that!
I used the DTP technique and ironed it out to get the pretty part of the boot here. Adding the boot trimmings really set this card off.

What? Another boot! Ok...Last one for a while. I may have gotten them out of my system for a while...
This one was made using Jo Sonja paints and the Faux Leather technique which I just adore. The little embossed flower was just the thing to finish the card.
Enough of boots now. They were lots of fun to make and are for someone who likes something just that little bit different.
Post Note: No looking Leigh!

Friday, 23 May 2008

I have been playing with the old boot template and here is the prototype I have come up with. The paper has been created using Adirondack Cranberry with an overlay of Brilliance Gold & Silver. The paper was crumpled with each overlay and ironed flat at the end so I could use it easily for the template. The stamp is a little Collections motif...perfect for this card! I will be teaching this at class next Monday and so have a few more to try out before I settle on a couple which I hope will be good enough.

Monday, 12 May 2008

This card is a big variation on one I saw in the latest Hero Arts catalogue. HA have some really lovely stuff out there now, which is so pleasing to see. I wanted to showcase the flower and the stem and also play with the Nestabilities (seen here with the wording). If you haven't seen or played with Nestabilities then you are missing out on something quite special in the world of card making. I am lucky enough to be able to offer them through my shop!

Isn't this card just so clever? You open up the front panel (which is the one with the stripes and flower), the open up the left panel (which is the one with the dots only), to find the message inside.
I did this using Kaiser papers...purposely nice and bright! I was trying very hard NOT to wander off and use my favourite colours...sigh...always hard to keep me from my favourite colours!
This little fellow is designed to be used using scrap card (of which we always end up with ...let me see....just a little weenie tiny pile...yeah right!). It is made with 3 x 10cm squares with one side tucking into the other so it will stand alone. There is enough room in the middle to stamp a small wording and also to jot something down!

Lastly, good old pink and brown...cannot beat the combination for creating a great effect! Again using the Nestabilities and the flower stamp which was being showcased today.

I am hoping all the ladies who attended the class today went away with something they were pleased with.

Thanks for looking.

Saturday, 10 May 2008

I have playing with the end purpose of conquering the Grid Technique, which I have finally done. The weight of the card has the biggest effect on the results you achieve. Until I went to the heavy stuff I so wasn't getting anywhere. I have done grid work before, just not this particular technique. I shall be doing more now I have it under wraps. The scanner has not done the best job at picking up the gorgeous Brilliance inks but I am sure you get the idea!