I received this secret sister card on Friday. The theme for Lorraine's Secret Sister for March was: "Up in the Air". I reckon the lady who made this has that down pat!. Beautiful, careful Dimensional Magic work on all the balloons. Must have taken an age! I love that and the bright cheeriness of the card.
I acquired the Hero Arts DVD, just to see what was on it. They did have a lovely tutorial to make this card. It doesn't do anything I do not know already how to do, but I loved the composition, so just had to make one myself. I cannot remember if they used green on theirs or not.
I did not own all theirs stamps, so have substituted ...mainly for the background piece. Chalk and die inks have both been used here with lots of 2nd and 3rd generation stamping.
A fair bit of dimension to this one. Again, I chose colours not normally seen together with my work. I was trying to follow the colours showing in the Credit Card swiped feature piece. I LOVE the embossing folder!
No clue to the manufacturer of this stamp. The card was made with a piece of inked paper belonging to Grace and I purposely used colours I do not normally use. Much angst followed after I decided to do that, and I don't like it one little bit!
This was made with a purpose in mind. I have joined a 10 month swap and this is the first challenge in that swap. I had to create something with the theme - "Up In The Air" - in mind.
I used a very old stamp of mine, formally a mounted, but long since, unmounted and of unknown origin . I cut the shape of the basket out by hand and overstamped it with the Kaiser grid stamp randomly to create a pseudo basket look. The little wording is Hero Arts.
This is the same sketch as the previous card, yet way more simple. I wanted to have a fair amount of the really pretty paper showing, so the image was just right for me. You don't know how HARD it was/is to use pre-made pretty paper. Being as when I first started stamping, there was no such thing as pretty paper, I really did get used to making my own backgrounds and to this day, I prefer to do so!
I stamped and embossed this in fine black embossing powder (which I might toss as its coverage was a wee bit to be desired!) Then, I coloured the birds on the wire with Tombow Pens and Marvy Markers with the help of the old trusty Aquabrush.
My friend Grace and I are having a little challenge time and here is my result.
** Wording - Stampendous
** Flower - Hero Arts
** Leaf Definition - Kaisercraft
I stamped and cut out (ugh) the flower multiple times on different colours of Bazzill card, using black StaZon ink. I cut an ever-so-small piece of Oh So Sticky paper and stuck it in the middle of the flower and sprinkled micro beads over the top. (They are NEVER going to move...NOT with that stuff adhering them!
The chipboard leaves I inked with Stampin Up Suede and overstamped randomly with the Kaiser grid stamp.
As sympathy sets are concerned, I think the Stampendous one has a great deal to offer and I am more than happy to have it amongst my goodies!
**The tree branch, reeds, pebbles, birds- Stampscapes
I used a circle punch to create a sun mask and a scrap piece of card the create an horizon. I then brayered repeatedly, building the colour up gradually from the sky edge. When the sky component was done, I turned it all around and repeated the process to get the land base.
I think I brayered with Ranger Adirondack Lettuce and all stamping was done with India Ink (black).
I Cuttlebugged a piece of blue card and then cut a rough rectangular shape from the middle. I turned the edges back over on themselves, tore them and distressed them with Ranger Adirondack Denim.
This started when I snitched a piece of Credit Card background from my friend Grace!
I stamped over that background with an unnamed script stamp of hers. Then, on top, went the Hero Arts flower in red and then offset slightly in black. I sponged around the outsides in black also and distressed the edges of the layers. The wording stamp is by Stampin' Up.
Well then! It has been a lonnng time since I have posted anything. Indeed, it has been quite a while between stamping sessions also. Life has intruded but let's see how long I can stay on track!
This card was made using a gorgeous stamp created and produced by a friend of mine, Jeanette Trappett. You will find her and all her goodies here http://www.thestamptrap.com.au/ .
This image was coloured using Prisma, Gamsol and paper stumps. The Cuttlebug folder Swiss Dots was used on the white background piece and Spellbinders dies for the main image layering with Stampin' Up oval punches for the wording which is a Hero Arts stamp. (I like to share it around between companies!)