Thursday 21 October 2010

Sailing Adventure


Hi there,

I have been away for a little stamping sojourn with my mate Cheryll. I did come home Monday, but have been helping my daughter clean a rental house in order for her to have her bond returned. On top of that, I have a new computer with only half my stuff set up on it. I DO have the printer/scanner/copier working, but NO Photoshop.

Here is one of the cards I made with Cheryll. This is her design which she was doing in class. I have darkened mine somewhat. I tore the card with the mask when removing said mask. So then, I had to stamp the sails out twice, watercolour twice and layer ...just so I could cover the tear. The other things I did a wee differently....I burned the ends of the twill and attached them with brads and furred up all the edges in a big way and inked the top layer up.

4 comments:

paige said...

The added distressing on this card really makes it a wow! I never thought to burn the ends of twill tape - course I'd probably burn my house down! I go out of my way to stay away from fire and sharp objects when stamping! A lovely card! you made

Anonymous said...

I was lucky when trying to burn the twill Paige....I had a cement floor...where I threw it...coz the jolly stuff does not like to let go of the fire very easily. I had to stomp on it!

Carole RB said...

Hi
I just discovered your blog and it is beautiful. Your cards are fantastic.

Kristin said...

This is really great Shell!! Love the color!