Sunday 5 April 2009

Bonsai Moon

Good morning all,

I am early with today's post. This is another brayer creation. To get this wonderful effect is so surprisingly easy!

Load your brayer with one of the colours, mist and brayer immediately onto the white card. Repeat the procedure with the second colour! Voilà! As you can see on the image layer really well, you can create washes of colour, or more splotty effects as in the layered background. It will all depend on how much water you mist and how quickly you brayer!

I did try all sorts of embellishments, but quickly came to the conclusion that I wanted to focus on the backgound. Therefore, I have ended up with a very uncluttered card.

I am quite enarmoured with this background. What do you think?

Materials
Stamps: Rubber Poet Don Blanching DB - 12 - F
Inks: Adirondack Denim and Lettuce
Cardstock: Bazzill and Generic White
Other: Brayer, Water Mister

14 comments:

xiumaiyuki said...

I love the background!!! it's amazing as always. Looks like when artist splashes paint on the canvas!

Stephanie said...

I LOVE this, I need to get a brayer!

Jaspere said...

What a fun technique. My poor brayer just sits in waiting *LOL*

Rebecca said...

I like the blue and green together a lot! It really makes the main image just pop. If I get a brayer someday, I will have to try this technique. And I think it looks great without any added embellishments.

Teresa Kline said...

very unique, nicely done! *~*

Michelle said...

The technique is fantastic - and I love the pop of the black bonsai as your focal point - just lovely.

Kristin said...

this is gorgeous! great card!

Angie Williams said...

This is really cool! I love that background!

Unknown said...

Cool technique! I thought it was printed paper :)

laos348 said...

I have never tried this technique with the brayer before. It looks great and sounds fairly easy to do. I will definitely have to give it a go. Your final card looks really good - that image goes well with the background.

Unknown said...

wonderful cards., love the colors!

Jennie said...

You are certainly the queen of the brayering technique! This looks like a piece of art, you could frame it. Great job Michelle!

Kristi said...

I love this! You did a great job!!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

This card came out awesome!! tfs!!
-t