Friday 3 April 2009

Wedding Card Number 1

Afternoon everyone,
Ok ....I have been practising these punched circles. I saw this great tutorial on Becca's blog
and immediately thought I would love to try that myself for a wedding card.

Now, am somewhat anal retentive and I can see some of my friends furiously nodding their collective heads! (cows...you know who you are!!!!)...Oh yes, back on task...so I had to fine tune the process after watching the video. Instead of placing the punch inside each set of lines, I lined up the inside tip of the heart and the bit where the heart dips in the centre at the top with the pencil line of each sector. This made each heart always the same distance apart. (I so don't like the near enough is good enough thing. I tend to not like the thing coz I KNOW it isn't quite right!)....as I said...anal!

I have raised both the scalloped circle pieces, added pearls in the spaces around the hearts and threaded ribbon through the bottom. This is a truly momochromatic card being only shades of purple.

I am actually quite chuffed with how it turned out and I am sure our niece Carly will love it, as Magella, my daughter asked me to make it for her to give her cousin. Both Carly and Magella are purple mad!

Materials
Stamps: Hero Arts CL268 Warmest Wedding
Inks: Adirondack Brights Purple Surf
Cardstock: Bazzill
Other: EK Success Heart Corner Punch, Cuttlebug and Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Kaiser Lavender Pearls, Purple Grosgrain and Purple Ribbon, DSFT, SU Ribbon Punch, Nestabilities Circles Scalloped and Straight

11 comments:

Michelle said...

cows...and chuffed - not sure what that means, but I sure think it's cute the way you speak! This card is quite lovely - the ribbon treatment is different and sweet....and the punch thing you did sounds like it would be a challenge if you are a precise kinda person - but you did well with it!

Unknown said...

All of your effort was worth it! Beautiful card:)

Unknown said...

This card is absolutely fantastic Michelle. I love love love it!!! Was it fairly easy to make that circle?

Jaspere said...

Wow! That is some mighty fine punching.

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful card hun!!! I love doing these, we did them awhile back on SCS, and I had alot of fun with this technique!

Love the colors and the layout on this, you did an Awesome job!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Miss Molly said...

This is great Michelle! Did you see I joined the ranks of the 3 column blog!!??

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty card!! tfs!!
-t

Grace McAndrew said...

From one anal cow to another you did good girl!!
Well worth all the effort. Another thing we will be practicing when you come to visit in July ;o)
That list is getting longer and longer lol.
Love how you coordinated the colours, swiss dots background and ribbons....truly beautiful.

Abi Bundy said...

I love the colour of this one

Unknown said...

Gorgeous...I like the purple one best. I've never found the energy to try this...maybe now that my week from hell is over...

Elizabeth said...

This is beautiful too!