Saturday 3 October 2009

Ladies, Ink October Challenge

Good afternoon all...just...by a minute to be exact! It is a hot, dry, windy and unpleasant day in Koumala today. I wish it would rain just to settle the fires and the dust!

Ok...Today, I have my October challenge for my blogging group all done and dusted! Christyne would be proud of me!

The challenge was to have just the one layer (the base), one colour ink and the one embellishment.

Ok, I pulled out my old Amazing Creations stamps (all the stamps are by this company!) and this is the final result. I used Adirondack Eggplant and stamped the shadow stamp OFF three times before stamping onto the front of the card. All the other bibs and bobs....the corner frames, the butterfly and the wording were inked and stamped immediately using the Adirondack Eggplant once more. This gives you the variance using the one ink pad.

I added a wee flower to the wording and a tiny bit of glitter here and there and Voilà! T'is done.

Christyne, I have been studying the online PSE and mucking around here with it all....However...I could not figure out how to get rid of the two shadows on the left of the card. I managed to get one to be white...but not the same as the rest of the card and the other in the corner I could not do anything with....Beginning to think PSE is not for me!

9 comments:

specialcraftmom4 said...

Love that butterfly! Great card (:

Kirstin said...

wow - you knocked this challenge out super fast!!

Love that butterfly!

Kristin said...

I am almost back to a "whole" computer again and you are the first blog I am visiting!! :-)

Love the challenge card! Great job!

Michelle Forrest said...

Wonderful card Shell! I can't believe you got your challenge card done and posted before any of us with your crazy schedule. I haven't even started mine!

Christyne said...

Great card Shell!!!

To get rid of the shadows, try the spot healing brush (it looks like a band aid!)

paige said...

Great card! I'm still in the pre-planning stage for mine!

Jennie said...

Fabulous job on the challenge! Love the stamped off technique and the little flower brad. PERFECT!

Jennie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carmen said...

WOW! This is stunning! I am never good with one layer cards but you sure do have a knack for them! Great job!