Thursday 29 October 2009

By the Lake

Hi there,

Here is my attempt at getting a photo to be the right colours....It is sooo hard to photograph gloss card at the best of times.

I give many thanks to my Canadian friend, Christyne, in helping me through the minefield that is Photoshop! Without her help, I would be a beached whale!

Anyway...on to the scene. I was diligently following the lesson plan at Stampscapes...
http://www.stampscapes.com/lessenset.html which was supposed to be about the sunrays....ROFL....well, my rays ARE there, but not like they are supposed to be!

All stamps used are by Stampscapes except for the wording which is from the plate Viva La Flora by Darkroom Door. I mounted the wording on oval punched card. All card apart from teh white gloss is by Bazzill. The little pearl is by Kaisercraft and the ribbon is from who knows where?

And as suggested yesterday by Jennie, the scene has been raised with DS mounting tape! Even though I did not get the detail I wanted with the rays...and by that stage, I was too much the fraidy cat to stamp over what I had....in case I wrecked the whole thing.....I am somewhat pleased with the outcome. These things sure make dramatic cards!

8 comments:

Christine said...

Wow, what an amazing job you did!!

Kathy McMahon said...

All I can say is OMG!

Jaspere said...

Your scenes are out of this world.

Jennie said...

Beautiful Shelll!!! I love it popped up a bit and like the first one from the other day too :o) Your scenes are awesome whether popped up or not!

By the way, I have a little award for you on my blog...earlier today's post. Have a great night!

specialcraftmom4 said...

Simply amazing Michelle! Your card is such a beautiful work of art! Great job (:

Michelle Forrest said...

WOW Shell! Amazing card!

Christyne said...

Another beautiful scene Shell!

paige said...

A very beautiful card indeed!