Thursday 6 January 2011

Revisit A Very Old Technique


I am going to run with flowers as they seem to be catching my eye more than anything else in my extensive collection at the moment.

This card revisits a very old technique using cold laminate and rice paper. It is the really pretty background behind the Penny Black flower. The wording is SU with the teal background being Cuttlebugged with one of their new larger sized embossing folders which are sooo much better to use than the small ones!

T'was a little tricky trying to photograph and not get the laminate all shiny. I hope you can see enough of it as is. I was outside in a flash, between the many storms we had today. Another one is brewing now!

I know it is simple, but I think it turned out OK in the end.

Pretties my hubby bought me for our wedding anniversary on Tuesday! Anyone who knows my hubby, knows this is not in character...SO, I have to show them off!

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Lovely bouquet of flowers...

can you please explain the cold Laminate tech..
Loving all your cards..

Kristin said...

BOTH sets of flowers are lovely! :-) so glad you are back in the *swing* of things!!

paige said...

Beautiful flowers and gorgeous card! I'm not sure I know what rice paper is.

Sharron Lynne said...

The background on your card is awesome! I would love to know what the cold laminate technique is.