Tuesday 4 November 2008

Black and White Lady

Materials
Stamps: Oxford Impressions Times Past Plate, Paper Bag Studios Dream Notion Plate
Inks: StaZon Black
Cardstock: Bazzill, "Yes" White
Other: Stamp Positioner, Ribbon, Diamantes, Stampin Up Punch, White Brad

Well, I thought this would be a simple task! No, oh no. I kept mucking up the positioning with the stamp positioner. Once I got the aligning right, then I decided they weren't balanced enough so started again. I think I have stamped these ladies out half a dozen times before I got this lot. But, it was a case of I was NOT going to give in!!!!

I tried scanning this card as is, but it did not actually showed the white card base at all well, so I scanned it on a piece of black card.

Being Melbourne Cup Day here, I thought it appropriate to have an elegant lady in a hat! For those not Australian, it is a big deal today for ladies to dress to the nines and if at the races there are always fashion competitions etc etc!

I did not go in to the races this year 1. Hubby is out working the ground, and 2. No way did I want to be anywhere where someone could knock my recovering shoulder. If someone did, I am sure the scene would not be pretty!!! So best I stay at home!


7 comments:

Jaspere said...

Love the black and white contrast. The races sound fashionable and fun.

Ilina Crouse said...

This is amazing, I love the black and white, and the "lady" stamp. I came out amazing! As well I love the saying! And the detail on the hat. You did amazing job! TFS

Jennie said...

Love this, it was well worth the effort you put in. Great layout and great idea with the spiral punch!

Teresa Kline said...

outstanding work, black and white is always a hit! *~*

Kristin said...

I really like this card! Good job stamping those ladies :-)

specialcraftmom4 said...

Beautiful card!

Carmen said...

Fantastic!! Love how you highlight the one. Great job. Hope your shoulder heals up quickly!