Monday 12 January 2009

Butterfly Blues

Materials
Stamps: Stylish Images J1058 Butterfly
Inks:StazOn Black
Cardstock:Prisma, hite Gloss, Unknown Green
Other:Marvy Metallics Green and Blue, Wire and Wire Tools, Letter Beads, Seed Beads, Diamantes


Hello and good afternoon to all, Today, I would like to share with you a card I did some time ago.

I was going through my most extensive stash of made cards and this one made me stop and think...Isn't that just so pretty! I am organising a bundle of cards for my SIL who lives up on the Atherton Tablelands...who can appreciate the time and effort and enjoy the work...but who most definitely NEVER wants to try to do any of it!

I still own and use my Marvy Metallics as they always make such superb backgrounds, such as in this card. If you have never tried them, I fully recommend you do. In no time at all, your background box will be filled with pretties for future use.

Today, I got the all clear from the surgeon in regards to my shoulder. He does not want to see me again...unless something weird happens. I am still in pain but every day is better than the last. I must keep up the exercises to make myself strong and to get rid of the remaining impingements. It is taking mega long coz he removed my distal clavicle altogether as well as repaired and generally mucked around with my rotator cuff.

THE best thing he said...I can never...like...ever...do things like wash walls and clean windows if that means my arm goes past the level of my shoulder...How sad is that?????? see me crying a river??? ROFL!

15 comments:

April said...

I love this background! It's awesome! And I love the bottom with the beads and wire!

Abi Bundy said...

I love this design, the beads are really cute. I have something for you on my blog!

Grace McAndrew said...

What a beautiful stamp and its perfect for that background!!

Another masterpiece Shell :o)

Grace

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Love the butterfly!

Jaspere said...

Wow that back ground is beautiful. Love the butterfly too.

Angie Williams said...

So pretty! I love this Michelle!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous card. Lucky SIL!

Louise F NZ said...

Beautiful background that butterfly is gorgeous.

Kristin said...

the card is fab and so sorry that you can't clean those windows anymore (do you feel my outpouring of sympathy across the ocean?? hehe)... there's ALWAYS a silver lining, right??!

stampencamper said...

the butterfly card with metallics is a nice technique; it's looks like it was a saran
wrap technique Carolyn in MN

Jennie said...

This is beautiful, really quite eye catching. Love the blue metallic background you made.

So sorry you cannot wash windows anymore, oh-my, how will you be able to continue...(quite easily I am sure ;o)...at least you have an excuse!) My windows need cleaning desperately. We have lived here over 2 years and last year I was pregnant and couldn't wash, guess this spring I will...Ugh! Don't look forward to it at all.

Be gentle with your arm! There is far more to life than washing windows and hanging drapes ;o))

Susan White said...

This is awesome, I love it.

Anonymous said...

Carolyn, It is Marvy Metallics using Gladwrap which I do believe is Saran Wrap for you. I have about half a dozen different ways to use the MMs for great backgrounds...But I do love this effect...perhaps the best!

Unknown said...

this is stunning!

so long as you can still stamp, right?

Tenia Nelson said...

Very nice card!!