Saturday 18 October 2008

Micro Beads


Materials Used:
Stamps: Non Sequitur Bathing Beauties Plate
Card: Bazzill
Other: Gesso, Pearl Ex- Turquoise, Brilliant Yellow, Duo Blue/Green, Tiny Ric Rac, Kwik Clear, Double Sided Foam Tape, Brads


Today, I have resurrected my microbeads. The really superfine variety (over the main part of the image) are just gorgeous and give that watery look which certainly compliments a beach theme. I used the ordinary sized green microbeads to frame the image. The background was done using Pearl Ex and Gesso. I think the technique is called Pearlised Gesso? It gives a great texture not witnessed in this scan and the colours are shiny as you would expect with Pearl Ex...but not all over, making the tech interesting as the wetter parts of the gesso kept the Pearl Ex colour but dulled it.

Please click on an image to see more detail!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

i clicked on the image and the details are amazing. I have never used micro beads before, but I can tell you that I will be using them in the very near future. Terrific image and your details are wonderful. thanks for sharing

Ann said...

LOVE the beads with that image--gorgeous! :D

Leigh said...

The beads are excellent. Great effect.