Saturday 25 October 2008

Oh Baby Not Again!

Materials:
Stamps: Stampin Up Baby Firsts, Stamps by Judith Square, Unknown Wording
Inks: StazOn Black
Cardstock: Bazzill
Other: H2Os Blue Ice,Indian Copper, Gold Dust, Golden Opal, Blue Grosgrain, Bazzill Brads, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Stamp Positioner, PostIt Notes

Afternoon all,

Just a simple little one today. Well the concept was simple...the doing was more a pain in the butt! No way could I simply stamp six squares onto the white. No, oh no! I had to rule it all up first so I had a chance of getting it somewhere near even! Of course, the very first square I stamped came out with a big blob in the middle of it. Bugger! That meant tearing up the ruled card. Out came the scissors and I gave that stamp a haircut on the spot. Back to ruling up another piece of card. I had planned on a lighter Cuttlebugged piece but the colouring of the babies dictated I change my mind pretty smartly! I distressed the bottom edge of the green by rolling the edge slightly. I have decided I need a few more baby related stamps. I am now officially over the Stampin Up set I DO own (straight after I make my quilted one I want to do)! Don't quite remember why I bought that set in the first place. Ok going out to dinner in a little while, so I suppose I ought to see if there are sets of clothing we can wear (the fairies having visited and polished off the washing and ironing! ) Dream on, girl!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Cheryll Miller said...

I really like what you are doing with colour combinations lately Shell. Very fresh and pleasing to the eye. I hope you are writing all these combinations down (for little ol' colour challenged me!)
Cheers
Cheryll

Judy C said...

Hi Shell,
I like the colour combo too. Well, at least you're getting value for money out of this set, which is more than I can say for many of mine that were on my "had to have" list.
Cheers,
Judy

Carmen said...

Very cute!! Love the color combo and the layout!! You definately have a lot more patience to do this type of card than I would!

Tina said...

Love this card might have to sraplift it for my friends baby!

Nancy B said...

One can never have to many baby cards. I think they are great!



Hey you ask me what Stamp company I used to make my cards?

They are from The Angel Company which is a USA based company.

But we are allowed to Ship internationally.
So if you're interested please contact me and I will help you!

http://creativejeans.ismyangel.net
My blog:
Jeansinkyhugs.blogspot.com

Leigh said...

I wondered when you would be over this set. rofl I like this card the best of the baby lot so far. Fantastic colours.

Christyne said...

This card is just way beyond cute! I love it! TFS.