Sunday 6 September 2009

Change of Pace

Afternoon all,

I have the afternoon to myself on this fine Father's Day, so have decided to try and get to some stamping. I found this stamped Liquid Appliquéd piece in my image box and decided to put it to card after tearing around the edges and inking with India Ink.

For those unfamiliar with Liquid Appliqué, there ARE other things you can do with it besides Santa's beards and this particular technique is one of my favourites. Simply brayer on to white cardstock and heat...you get faux suede very neatly!

The stamps are My Stamps and Kunjani is an African greeting for those not in the know. I have had the lovely tassel for ages and thought it would suit this card very well and I am thinking I was right.

I am still using up some DCWV card as you can see with the Cuttlebugged and sanded piece. I think I will be making cards into the next century before I DO use all that stash!...But we have to have it for the rainy day that is acomin, don't we now?

7 comments:

Jennie said...

This is a lovely card Michelle! Nice faux suede look to it. I am really liking the beads with it too. Perfect execution of this card!

Michelle Forrest said...

This is such a fantastic card Michelle!

Kirstin said...

what a fun card! The faux suede is awesome and you are right, the tassel does suit this card perfectly!

Jaspere said...

Wow it came together nicely.

paige said...

Great rustic and artsy card! All the design elements work so well together.

Carmen said...

Love this!! Didn't realize you all celebrate father's day this late in the year! Love how the image looks like leather!

JazzyH said...

I really like how you did this card!