Sunday 20 September 2009

Secret Sister Card for September 2009

Hi there,

This is my very first picture through Photoshop Elements 7 !!!!!!!!!! I think I have a ways to go in the learning curve but I couldn't resist trying it out.

This card was made for a Secret Sister programme (I am pretty sure the intended recipient does not know about my blog!). The requirements were to use one or more of the following: paisleys/swirls/flourishes....monochromatic....and/or a piece through the Cuttlebug. I had great intentions of doing all three just for the heck of it...but as I was constructing ....I felt I had to stop before getting to the Cuttlebug.

I have used the gorgeous Stamp It stamps for the flourishes and swirls on the background piece and for the butterfly and
worked with tones of blue throughout. The wording is from Hero Arts. I thought the little bit of ribbon with the swirl pattern suited pretty well so I added it too....raised the butterflies with pop dots and added a few diamantes for effect.

I have spent most of my day becoming up to date with the farm accounts. Tomorrow we are going to town to pick up my new double oven, check out the kitchen plans and maybe pick out the cooktop and rangehood. Tuesday, I have designated to stamp...so nobody better interrupt that thought pattern!!!!!!

Have a good one!

7 comments:

paige said...

This is a delightful card! Beautiful in blue!

Michelle Forrest said...

Shell, this card is so pretty. I love the butterflies and flourishes! Glad to see you finally took the plunge with photoshop!

You know, when the kitchen is done I want to see pic!

Kristin said...

beautiful! you did great with PS7

Jennie said...

Love this card. The blue butterflies are gorgeous in this design.

Cathleen said...

Oh how pretty, beautiful colors!

specialcraftmom4 said...

Oh Michelle this is sooooo pretty! I love the lovely blue colors (: GREAT job!

Christyne said...

Love these blues! Such a pretty card.