Friday 18 September 2009

September Challenge for Ladies, Ink Part 3

Here is the third and last challenge for my blogging group this month!

This card is very similar to one I found in one of the Stamp It catalogues. I wanted to see if it looked as good IRL as in the catalogue, mainly because with a little tweaking it could become a good base for all my Xmas cards! The stamp used, of course, is by Stamp It. The cardstock is Bazzill and the DP is Kaiser.

My apologies for my absence. I have been taking time out camping with my family. September is such a lovely time to camp....read here....1. In September I do not usually get carried away by sandflies, so I don't mind going....and 2. The oppressive heat hasn't quite settled yet.

Again, we saw some whales breaching and playing in the shallows not 600 metres away from our little tinny. It is quite special to see these glorious animals in the wild. Also saw heaps of huge sea turtles, a few sharks on
the end of our lines and a few good sized grunter ....yum...yum! We only scored the one mud crab......I have a couple of photos of where we went, but I do need to do some stuff around the house before I can sit to edit and upload.

10 comments:

paige said...

what a fun card! I love how the sentiment twists and curls about!

Jaspere said...

I also love how the sentiment looks.

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle! Very cute card. Sounds like you had fun:)

JazzyH said...

Adorable! I love the swirl.

Kristin said...

love that card! neat touch w/ the swirl :-)

Kirstin said...

Very cute card!

I want to go see the whales!! Sounds awesome!

Jennie said...

Great card! Like the dp you used and what great inspiration!

Christyne said...

This is great! I just love the swirl over the stripes!

Michelle Forrest said...

Wonderful christmas card Shell! your vacation sounds like it was just perfect! Wish I could have seen the whales and sea turtles. They are such wonderful animals.

Manna said...

This is one super cool card! Thanks for the visit to my blog and lovely comment on my post! Very kind of you!